What is Wave UFO?
Alerting you to incoming cellular phone or PHS messages, capturing radio/electronic waves and transforming, playing with the slot or janken (rock scissors paper) game... Wave UFO is a new portable tool - a toy in which a helpful denpa (electronic/radio wave) alien lives! Give it energy, replace its polluted air, and care for it lovingly.
- Remove the plastic tab from the back of the unit
- Using a pen, gently but firmly press the reset button on the back of the unit.
Setting the clock
- Use the A button to change the hour, then use the B or C button to set it. Press the A button once more to change the minutes and the B or C button to set it.
Receiving radio/electric waves...
If you recieve a call on your cellular phone or PHS, the denpa alien will alert you.
Your denpa alien will catch the waves from your cell phone or PHS and use them to transform into various characters and transmit a message.
- Press the A and D buttons simultaneously to turn the sound on or off.
*Even if you have the sound off, the attention alert and message alert sounds will remain on.
The main screen
- This is where the denpa alien usually lives. When the air pollution gets too high, the pollution sign appear and the alien's strength will be severely taxed.
- Pressing the buttons will change the screen:
A button/ Slot game
B button/ Janken game
C button/ Care
D button/ Clock screen
Top Secret File.........U14
There are 26 different types of aliens. They lead a very systematic lifestyle and so are only active from 9:00 am to 1:00 am. Outside of that time period, it is impossible to communicate with them.
- Press the A button and the game points screen will appear. Press the A button once more and the slots game will start. The A button stops the left reel, the B button stops the middle reel and the C button stops the right reel. Match the 3 pictures and win game points! Some picture combinations will also cause you to lose points.
*Pressing the D button will take you back to the main screen
- Here are the winning (and losing) combinations!! ......There are other combinations as well....
Top Secret File.........U24
It seems that game points can have a bad influence on transformations. Also, if the denpa alien recieves waves while playing the slots game, it will suspend the game and transform.
- After pressing the B button, press the A button and a countdown will start. When the exclamation mark (!) appears on the screen, press A (rock), B (scissors) or C (paper). If the player (that would be you) wins, the denpa alien becomes happy. *Pressing the D button will return you to the main screen
Top Secret File.........U34
The denpa alien's motto is 'Fair Play'. If you put out your rock/scissors/paper selection too late (after the denpa alien has already put his out), the "AGAIN" alert will appear and the current game will be invalidated. Also, if you quit while in the middle of the game, you will be penalized.
Caring for your denpa alien
- Pressing the C button will bring up the 'care' screens like the ones pictured below. Use the A button to choose which type of care you want to give and then use the B button to select it. Use the D button to cancel. However, if it is a type of care that the denpa alien doesn't like, it won't have any effect.
- Strength Replenishment
- Habitat Maintenence
Calls for attentions
- When your denpa alien is low on health or wants to play, it will show the !! mark and beep. The attention call will sound for 30 seconds. To stop it, press any of the buttons.
Top Secret File.........U44
If you answer to your alien's call within 5 minutes, it is possible to earn double the usual effects that playing the games or giving care would normally give.
When your alien goes into suspended animation...
- When your denpa alien's health gets to 0, it will be placed in a suspended animation device and you will not be able to play with it or tend to it (care - the air and stuff like that). You can try to revive it by giving it electric/radio wave shocks. If you do revive it, it's health stats will return to their original levels and its age will return to 1 year.
The clock screen
- Pressing the D button will show you the current time.
*Press the D button once more to return to the main screen
- While viewing the clock screen, press the A button to see how long its been since you first met your alien (if your alien has gone into suspended animation, it will be one, if it has returned to space, it will be over 100)
*Press the A button to return to the clock screen and then press the D button to return to the main screen
- Press the A and D buttons together to set the time.
Every 14 days your denpa alien will have an opportunity to return to his home planet. To let him go, select yes. To keep him, select no.